June 25, 2009

Death of Icons

Rest in peace Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Today seemed to start of great. I woke up to news of the Cleveland Cavaliers, my home state pro basketball team(Ohio), receiving Shaq through the draft! Not only is Shaq a great player but he's like a legend! I've known his name since I was little and for him to be a part of my home state, is like a dream! I'm very excited to see him play in Cleveland next season and I will definitely be at, at least, one game.
The day went on being very relaxing and fun. Then while we were at Happy Hour for drinks, at the Youngstown Sports Grille, mom received a phone call. Thinking nothing of it, Pat and I continued eating. After a minute mom blurted out that Michael Jackson died! Only an hour before this I told her that I saw on Twitter, Farrah Fawcett had died. So when she said this, I was like "No way, you're lying!"
It's unbelieveable! Putting anything he's ever done wrong aside, he's an icon and he's gone! Icons are not suppose to die. He's one of those celebrities you just don't think will ever die. It puts things in perspective. That life really does end, even for the rich and famous. It's hard to grasp that he's really gone. I'll never be able to see him in concert ever. I envy people who have. It's crazy. He really will be missed. But he'll live on through his music. Which no one can deny he was and will always be the King of Pop.


-- Bloggin' via the iTouch!

No comments: