April 5, 2011

Treasury: Debt ceiling also threatens pay - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

Treasury: Debt ceiling also threatens pay - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

Some people don't believe any of this will ever happen, but it can! Our country is in danger. I don't follow everything, and I don't do heavy research, but some of the reports I've come across are very scary. This article isn't about a government shut down(budget cut, no available funds), if you've been following that the past few weeks. This has to do with federal debt all around. It amazes me that people will still sit here and act like these things will never happen when they HAVE happened in the past. When all the hype about a government shut down happened a few weeks ago, a lot of people I talked to did not realize that it actually happened before. The government ACTUALLY shut down and people were back payed if they were subject to losing their paycheck. These people insisted that this could never and will never happen. It can happen and I'm sure with the way things are going, things like this will happen. Even if you just open your eyes slightly, you can educate yourself. I don't know what to do, I have no answers but at least I'm aware of the downward spiral our country is traveling down.

If you're interested in one of the actual, real possible dangers our country is in, look into what happens if China and other countries stop using American currency. From the little research I have done, from what I understand, American currency is excepted everywhere. If other countries (China, Saudi Arabia(OIL!!), etc) stop using American currency as payment for exports, our currency would take a dive and not be worth anything. We would have to convert our money when paying for exports and it will be outrageously expensive. I read that many stores in the United States are already expecting foreign currencies. Also many foreign countries/banks, when traveling, WILL NOT convert your American currency or even use American issued credit cards(paid in American currency). Is this something we should be worried about? It is definitely worth looking into. The consequences seem very damaging to the way Americans live their lives.

No comments: