May 18, 2009

Surgery; first ever!

It is 2:24 and I'm feeling better! The surgery was a success! No complications. Southwoods Surgical Hospital is very nice and comfortable. (Southwoods is off of Market Street, the Metro College and the new Dunkin Donuts are also located there). I would definitely recommend going there for surgeries.

I wasn't really nervous but right before I went into the operating room, I became overwhelmed. I dont know what happened but I was able to control myself (not quite calm myself down though). They gave me something in my IV to take care of that. And before I knew it, I was semi aware if voices! I was still completely out of it but I was beginning to understand that people were talking to me. Apparently, it only took like 25-30 mind and they told my mom it would be an hour, so she went to the apartment. I think at this point I passed out and then I saw Pat. He was asking if I was hungry, then mom showed up. Remember I was still out of it so all the stuff that was happening was like dream to me. Eventually we left and went to the apartment because it was closer. I was starving so Pat got Subway, then I went to sleep. I don't know how long I was asleep but it took till now for me to feel not so weird(i just feel queasy and still pretty hungry). And now I'm laying down going to read while Pat washes his truck.

((because I was out of it I don't reallyknow what was removed. I remember hearing it was very very deep and some puss came out. I don't think we have to worry about cancer and I have to go back to see Dr. Lyras in 2 weeks. Those were some little snippets I remember))

I was prescribed Darvocet for the pain so I might not get much reading done haha, I'm a light-weight when it comes to drugs. I'll probablybe sleeping with in 10 minutes!
-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: